Verdicts & Settlements
- $15,760,910 Judgment against Radio Broadcasting Company
Breach of contract in connection with sale of radio broadcasting rights
- $8,397,000 judgment against insurance broker
Multi-plaintiff fraud case. Insurance broker sold essentially worthless life insurance policies to elderly clients.
- $1,000,000 Settlement pre-suit regarding unpaid advertising commissions by billboard company.
- Confidential settlement
Blue jean manufacturer was supplied with and unknowingly put defective elastic in jeans and lost large contract as a result.
- $9,000,000 Settlement with
Physicians/Hospital and Hospital Personnel
Claims involved significant neurologic injury to a
child during post-surgical care.
- $5,500,000 Settlement with Physicians and
Patient suffered brain damage following hypoxic
episode in operating room.
- $3,000,000 Two Settlements with Hospital and
Failure to adequately train for, prepare for and
perform minimally invasive heart surgery resulting in
vessel disruption and death of two patients.
- $2,900,000 Settlement with hospital and
Tracheostomy tube dislodged by nurse, not inserted
properly by doctor. Brain damage from lack of
oxygen. Settled during trial.
- $2,800,000 Settlement with Hospital
Patient in detoxification violently restrained
facedown by security guards resulting patient smothering
- $2,400,000 Settlement with hospital and
Back surgery/post-op care/paralysis. Epidural
hematoma not timely diagnosed, resulting in spinal cord
damage and paralysis.
- $2,200,000 Jury Verdict against Physician
Failure to appropriately use stereotactic
image-guided neurosurgical system resulting in removal
of and damage to normal brain, and resulting in
substantial neurologic impairment of patient.
- $2,000,000 Settlement with Hospital and
Three year old was injured and died as a result of
surgery and post-operative complications.
- $2,000,000 Settlement with anesthesiologist
Woman sustained brain damage from lack of oxygen
during shoulder surgery.
- $2,000,000 Settlement
Radiology/emergency medicine/quadriplegia case.
Neck injury, x-ray mis-read, patient discharged with
broken neck resulting in eventual paralysis.
- $1,800,000 Settlement with Hospital and
Patient was injured during placement of implantable
penile prosthesis; perforated bowel, resulting in
sepsis, loss of prosthesis, short bowel syndrome.
- $1,800,000 Settlement with Neurosurgeon.
Back surgery/paralysis case. Neurosurgeon used
improper thoracic approach and cut spinal artery.
- $1,800,000 Settlement with doctor and
Neck injury misdiagnosed by emergency department
doctor. Patient became quadriplegic when doctor
moved patient’s head.
- $1,450,000 Settlement with anesthesiologist
Doctor stopped patient’s asthma medicine 5 days
before surgery. Patient had asthma attack in
recovery room. Anesthesia personnel inserted
endotracheal tube in esophagus, not in airway.
- $1,350,000 Settlement Against Hospital and
Failure to respond to post-procedure complaints from
a patient and patient not being returned to surgery in a
timely fashion. Death.
- $1,250,000 Settlement with orthopedic
Patient had compartment syndrome surgery on lower
leg, post-op bleeding not diagnosed and addressed,
muscle and nerve damage, eventual below-the-knee
- $1,175,000 Settlement with Hospital and
Failure to diagnose small bowel perforation leading
to sepsis, multiorgan failure and death.
- $1,000,000 Settlement with Physician
Failure to diagnose bacterial infection resulting in
- $950,000 Settlement with Hospital and
Failure to diagnose pulmonary embolus resulting in
- $950,000 Settlement
Patient not diagnosed with coronary artery blockage
despite signs and symptoms. Heart attack.
- $900,000 Settlement with Internist
Failure to diagnose and treat heart attack resulting
- $887,500 Settlement with Clinic and
Failure to diagnose pulmonary embolus in patient
with known deep vein thrombosis resulting in death.
- $875,000 Settlement with Hospital and
Patient suffered months of eye infection due to
retained cotton packing left during eye surgery
resulting in pain, suffering and permanent loss of
- $800,000 Settlement with Hospital
Failure to appropriately prepare for, train for,
credential for gastric bypass surgery resulting in
postoperative wounds and neurologic injuries.
- $750,000 Settlement with USA
Failure to diagnose inappropriate medication
combination resulting in rhabdomyolysis and death.
- $700,000 Settlement with Hospital
Patient’s head scans showed and radiologist reported
a tumor; primary physician failed to inform patient, who
learned of brain tumor six years later.
- $650,000 Settlement with Physician
Patient experienced permanent vision loss in vaginal
and perineal areas resulting in loss of sexual function
and incontinence due to injury during surgery.
- $600,000 Settlement with Hospital and
Failure to timely diagnose, treat and transfer a
patient who had 3 heart attacks over 6 days resulting in
physical and psychological damages.
- $533,750 Settlement with USA
Failure to diagnose subacute bacterial endocarditis
resulting in embolic stroke and neurologic injury.
- $450,000 Jury Verdict against Physician
Negligent repair of fractured knee, leaving client
- $440,000 Settlement with Hospital
Failure to diagnose brain bleed in 18 months old
trauma patient resulting in permanent neurologic
- $416,305 Settlement with Physician
Failure to diagnose vessel ruptured during cardiac
catheterization resulting in hemorrhage and death.
- $402,500 Settlement with Hospital and
Failure to diagnose stroke with x-ray findings of
bleeding and repeated patient visits to emergency room.
- $380,000 Settlement Pre-suit with Hospital
Patient experienced air embolus through arm port at
end of dialysis when nurse incorrectly disengaged lines
from dialysis unit.
- $375,000 Settlement with Hospital and
Failure to diagnose a life-threatening condition in
mother and 8-month old fetus resulting in fetal death.
- $250,000 Settlement with Clinic and
Clinic punctured colon during performance of colonic
- $250,000 Settlement with Physician
Failure to diagnose stroke resulting in blindness and
- Confidential settlement with Kaiser
Foundation Health Plan of Georgia
Failure to diagnose and treat bacterial meningitis
by a pediatrician. Brain damage to 3 year old boy.
- Confidential Settlement against V.A. Medical
Orthopedic surgery/infection/leg amputation case.
Veteran’s legs became infected following surgery,
resulting in amputations above the knee.
Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
- $450,000 Settlement with Employer
Willful infliction of emotional distress by supervisor including physical, mental and emotional abuse
- $3,450,000 Settlement with trucking company.
Death of railroad engineer when train hit tanker truck that tried to beat train across railroad crossing.
- $2,750,000 Settlement with hauler of construction equipment.
Death of driver whose car was crushed by a piece of equipment that fell from a flat-bed truck trailer.
- $2,250,000 Settlement with interstate trucking company.
<Death of 8 year old boy. Truck crossed centerline and hit van head-on.
- $1,063,000 Settlement with trucking company.
Client suffered herniated disk in lower back and required surgery following collision with truck.
- $850,000 Wrongful Death Settlement with Trucking Company
Wrongful death claim where truck crossed center line and killed client.
Slip and Fall
- $700,000 Settlement with Government Agency
Employee seriously injured by fall in caustic substance manufactured by government
- $250,000 Settlement with Grocery Store
Customer slip and fall on spilled shampoo. Shoulder injury.
Section 1983/Deprivation of Civil Rights
- $980,000 Settlement with County and Physicians
County jail inmate civil rights/medical malpractice wrongful death claims
- $201,000 Settlement with Government Agency
Inappropriate officer/jail policies, resulting in inappropriate detention and prisoner medical care
Law Enforcement Litigation
- $1,000,000 Settlement with Government Agency
Inappropriate officer policies, actions and police chase resulting in quadriplegia to an innocent motorist
- $400,000 Settlement with City-County Government
Municipal employee causes automobile collision, resulting in serious lower extremity injuries to client
- $230,000 Settlement with State
Involved personal injuries in a State Patrol vehicular chase
- $200,000 Settlement with Municipality
Involved personal injuries sustained in a city police office vehicular chase
- Settlement with County Officers/Employees
Personal injury/infliction of emotional distress claims arising out of wrongful arrest, wrongful incarceration, and unlawful search and seizure
Nursing Home Litigation
- $550,000 Settlement with Nursing Home
Failure to appropriately investigate employees pre-hire resulting in patient abuse by employee
- $250,000 Settlement against Nursing Home
Involved a resident’s continued falling and being injured
- $225,000 Jury Verdict against Assisted Living Facility
Caregiver burned resident with hairdryer in an attempt to dry wet sheets.
Product Liability Litigation
- $3,500,000 Jury Verdict against General Motors Corporation
Mother driver’s personal injury claim and wrongful death claims as to passenger son involving instability claims/rollover of a General Motors vehicle
- $3,000,000 Settlement
Fuel system defect in pick-up truck caused fire, severe burns and death of 80 year old lady.
- $2,000,000 verdict against Kmart Corp.
2 year old suffered burns when pajamas top erupted in flames when near fire source. Garment did not comply with federal flammability standards.
- $1,400,000 Settlement
Defective seatbelt unlatched during collision, child ejected from SUV and died.
- $800,000 Settlement with Medical Device Manufacturer
Claim arose out of alleged defective transvaginal sling for female stress urinary incontinence
- $460,000 Settlement with Manufacturer of Enclosed Bed
Defectively designed bed resulted in wrongful death of bed-ridden minor child
- $400,000 Settlement with Medical Device Manufacturer
Claim arose out of alleged defective transvaginal sling for female stress urinary incontinence
- $100,000 Settlement with Manufacturer of Eye Lens Implant
Defectively manufactured lens implant resulted in permanent eye injury
- Multi-District Litigation Settlement of Claims of over 100 Plaintiffs/Claimants
Involved users of a vaginal sling for female stress urinary incontinence and allegations of a defective product
Inadequate Security/Sexual Assault/Murder
- $850,000 Settlement
Rape. Office building janitor hired despite background check showing extensive criminal history of assaults.
- $700,000 Settlement
Murder of businessman by gunman who entered room with key given to him at front desk.
- $500,000 Verdict
Rape. Apartment complex did not warn tenants of prior crimes at complex despite being told to do so by police.
- $250,000 Settlement
Rape. Apartment complex did not provide security despite previous crimes against tenants.
Other Personal Injury Cases
- $2,000,000 Settlement
Suit again a power company. Teenager electrocuted and lost arm when he touched guy wire from power pole.
- $1,000,000 Settlement
Small airplane crashed when pilot ignored passenger limit. Death of teenage girl.
- $778,000 verdict
Automobile accident. Speeding driver lost control and car overturned, passenger sustained head injury.
- $400,000 Settlement
Personal injury claims against a county arising out of an automobile accident with a county-owned vehicle
- Confidential Settlement with Airline Company
Airplane overshot runway and bounced through fence and across highway, passengers injured.
- $750,000 settlement against Norfolk Southern
Back injury case. Trains collided, engineer injured.
- $587,500 settlement against CSX
Back injury case involving defective ladder that collapsed.
- $450,000 settlement against CSX
Crossing lights defective, train hit truck trailer and derailed, engineer hurt.
Environmental Litigation (co-counsel)
- $12,400,000 Settlement
Chemical company allowed arsenic to pollute ground water in neighborhood, destroying property valuations and causing residents to move.